Livefyre Comments on Dummies of the Year!Posted on Jan 3, 2012 | 37 comments
“Livefyre is changing the way people interact with publisher content. Designed for the social web, Livefyre replaces static comment sections with dynamic, real-time conversations that empower users and help build hyper-active communities.” ~Livefyre
New Commenting System
- Some of have told me that you have to keep filling out the form when making comments.
- Livefyre allows one to sign in via Twitter, Facebook, Google+, LinkedIn, OpenID, and Livefyre. One click and you are good to go.
- It’s like Facebook and Google+ in that it promotes real time comments! . The end result is a conversation instead of just a monolog.
- You can now tag somebody right in the post.
- Comments can be shared on Facebook and Twitter.
Give and Take
I am going to remove the Top Commenters widget. I will still reward top commenters with free ads, but I will keep track of you in the dashboard.
There are two reason I am going to remove this widget:
1. Because of Livefyre, you no longer receive a link to your site in the top commenters widget.
2. You will receive a link to your site via each post!! At the top of the comments there is a section called “People Listening.” If you have commented on the post, your picture will appear next to the words “people listening.” You picture links back to your website!
I know that everybody hates change but I hope in time you will enjoy the Livefyre Commenting System. Let me know what you think in the comments.
PS: 3 years ago today, I created Dummies of the Year.